Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What IS it, man?

One of the things you find out at MATS is to expect the unexpected.

Such as, for example, a 20- to 30-foot-tall car-eating dinosaur colored vaguely like a giraffe.

What, you may ask, does this have to do with trucking? I know I certainly asked. My exact question: “What IS it?”

In this case, I received my answer courtesy of one of the folks working the booth, Joe Callahan. The company, TarpStop, sponsors the huge dino at monster truck rallies, and provides tarping for what appears to be a curtainside trailer that hauls the huge apparatus around.

Joe has a pretty good sense of humor about the whole thing. And he said (with only a little gentle prompting from yours truly) that yes, he would love to take that sucker for a spin around the parking lot … but only after the show’s over.

It may be a tough year, but it helps you get through it if you have a few things to laugh about.

No comments: